Blackened Trout Nachos
What better way to celebrate #gameday than these easy blackened trout-local fish nachos, invented by our friend Maha at @makedelicioushappen!
1 trout fillet (or any type of fish)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp dried thyme
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp granulated onion
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
½ lime juice
2 tbsp light olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Make the blackened spice paste by mixing all the listed spices with lime juice, and light olive oil.
- Brush this marinade on any Ontario Farmed Fish fillet evenly. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Let the fish cool slightly and then shred in chunks.
- In another sheet pan, add tortilla chips, cheese, pickled jalapenos, and the chunks of shredded trout.
- Place the pan in the oven under a broil for about 2 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Add the rest of the suggested toppings.