Harissa-style fish with spicy parmesan potatoes and shallots
Our friend Maha (@makedelicioushappen) was inspired by Springhills fish to create this recipe. Try it with any fish that we have on offer!
Spicy Parmesan Potatoes & Shallots:
- 3 Russet potatoes, chopped 1-inch pieces
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Harissa paste (available in the International section of most grocery stores)
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1.5 tsp salt, or to taste
Harissa Fish Fillets:
- 3-4 Springhills fillets (any variety), thawed
- 1 tbsp Harissa paste
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- Fresh lemon juice, for garnish
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl mix together the Harissa paste, light olive oil, freshly grated parmesan, paprika, granulated garlic, ground black pepper, and salt.
- In a large parchment lined baking sheet, evenly toss together the potatoes and shallots with marinade. Roast for 30-35 minutes.
- While the vegetables are baking, work on the fish. In another sheet pan lay down the pieces of fish fillets and dab them dry.
- Make the fish marinade by mixing in a small bowl the Harissa paste, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, sumac, dried oregano, ground black pepper and salt. Spoon the marinade over the fish making sure to coat the sides and bottoms. Let it marinate on the countertop for 10 minutes.
- Take the sheet pan with the potatoes and shallots out of the oven when the potatoes are crispy and golden. Move over the vegetables to the side to make space for the fish to be placed in the centre of the pan. Place the fish fillets carefully in the centre of the pan. Pour any leftover marinade over the fish.
- Take the pan back to the oven and let everything bake together for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve fish fillets along side the crispy potatoes and shallots while hot with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top and garnish with chopped parsley.