Trout Coulibiac (Russian Fish Pie)
- 2 skinless and pin-boned trout fillets
- rice 250g, cooked (100g uncooked rice will make this amount)
- spring onions 2, finely sliced
- eggs 3 hard-boiled and chopped, 1 beaten for glazing
- lemon 1, zested and juiced
- dill chopped to make 2 tbsp
- puff pastry 500g block
- STEP 1 Microwave the trout on a plate covered with plastic wrap for 3 minutes (or steam for 4 minutes). Flake into a bowl and mix with the rice, onion, chopped egg, zest, juice and dill. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 2 Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Roll the pastry out to the thickness of a quarter coin on a floured surface and divide in 2 (divide the pastry first if you are short on space). Lift 1 piece onto a buttered baking tray, spoon the trout mix into the middle and spread to a 10 × 18cm rectangle. Wet a border around the filling, put the other piece of pastry on top, press down around the filling and trim the edges (use these for decoration). Brush with glaze, cut slits in the top and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad and lemon wedges.