Grilled Maple-Glazed Rainbow Trout or Char
From our friends at Foodland Ontario (link)
Grilling Time: 20 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Rainbow Trout or Arctic Char Fillets, with skin (8 oz/250 g each)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- Glaze: Mix together maple syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar and oil; pour into large flat dish. Add fillets, skin side up let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange fillets in greased grill basket; close lid of basket. Place basket on grill over medium heat; close barbecue cover and grill for about 7 minutes per side or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork. Cut each fillet in half to serve.
Tip: If you do not have a grill basket, cook the fish on a greased disposable foil baking sheet on the grill rack. Do not flip but cook with the cover down for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork.