Arctic Char En Papillote
A local recipe from our friends at Farm 2 Door in Simcoe County & Chef Mathieu Poirier
- 2 thawed fillets of Springhills Arctic char
- 3 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful of microgreens
- Splash of dry white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Parchment paper, cut into a large heart about 16″ wide
- 16oz can of roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup raw or roasted almonds (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat over to 375F
- Thinly slice potatoes 3/4 of the way through. Season with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- salt and pepper. Put on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in oven. [Cook Time: 20-25minutes]
- Clean and cut carrots into thin coins ( ⅛”) or use a peeler to make thin ribbons. Reserve in a bowl.
- On your parchment paper, place half of the carrots on one side.
- Rinse fish fillets and place one fillet on top of the bed of carrots. Season well with salt, pepper, a splash of dry white wine, lemon juice and 3 tbsp olive oil -If fillet is too long, simply cut it in half and stack them on top of each other after seasoning.
- Fold the other side of the heart over the fish and crimp the edges together to create a sealed pouch. Repeat for second entree. Place pouch on baking sheet [Cook Time:12-15min]
- While everything is in the oven, make the romesco sauce:
- In a blender or food processor, mix everything except the olive oil. Start on low and increase the speed as the start mixing.
- Once ingredients are blended, start drizzling in the olive oil while running the blender. Blend until it becomes quite creamy.
- Add salt to taste. Note: This recipe makes about 2.5 cups of romesco, but you will only need about 1 cup in the recipe. You can store in a jar in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
- Internal temperature of the fish should read 145F -OR-fillet is firm and semi-opaque. Potatoes should be finished at the same time.
- Remove from oven and transfer pouches onto dinner plates. Open and arrange potatoes beside fish.
- Divide and garnish fish with romesco sauce, crumbled feta and microgreens.